Day 8

Happy Monday! Today went well, but was full of temptations. I went to lunch with coworkers and ordered a chopped salad  (not without a little drama from the waiter. It was his first week, bless his heart). They ended up brininging me the side portion instead of the lunch entrée portion, so I had to eat an apple when I got back to the office. 

Speaking of my office...I love my job! Wraparound celebrates Christmas in a big way, and I love it! Wednesday we begin 12 days of Christmas. With that comes planking from Henry the elf.

There's a desk behind that curtain of TP. 

Wraparound lobby. I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!

Fast forward a few hours...tonight I had Heart to Home! One of my favorite days of the month, really. Tonight was wonderful, but there was an overwhelming temptation to cheat "just a little". One peppermint dark chocolate candy. One roll. Just one bite of chicken Alfredo. Tiramisu? Nope. I resisted and I feel completely empowered. They also served a beautiful salad, and I had two plates of that. I had to remind myself of why I'm doing this, and that I won't feel as good as I can if I cheat. And I will say, in all honesty, I feel so good! Food can either be poison or medicine. How are you choosing to use food for your body?


Comments

Popular Posts