DIY Foaming Face Wash

Hey y'all! I have been making my face wash for the past year and I've had several questions about how I do that and what I use. I wanted to share the "recipe" that I made so you guys could make it too!

Just a few things about what goes into the face wash and why:
  • only use Young Living essential oils in all of my homemade products. I've used other oils before and could tell they are just not the same quality as Young Living
  • for oily skin- eucalyptus, cedar wood, cypress, rosemary, lavender and roman chamomile are good to use
  • for dry skin- cypress, patchouli, rosemary, ylang ylang, vetiver and sandalwood are best
  • for acne prone skin- roman chamomile, frankincense, lavender and patchouli are good 
  • I use an up-cycled foaming soap container from Bath and Body Works
  • I like the baby unscented Dr. Bronner's castile soap (with the baby blue label). I used the peppermint soap to make this one time and it was a big mistake. Huge. Stung my face. Stung my eyes. Good times all-around.
  • this 16 oz. bottle of soap lasts about 3 months and costs $3 at most to make
  • as a side note--this face wash has worked better than anything I've bought from the dermatologist, Sephora, Ulta, Target, etc..
DIY Foaming Face Wash
16 oz. foaming soap container
1 cup distilled water
1/2 cup castille soap (Dr. Bronner's)
2 tsp. oil (rosehip, almond, vitamin E, etc)
1 tsp. witch hazel (I use Thayer's)
2 tsp. vegetable glycerine 
8-12 drops essential oils

I put all of this in the soap container and shake it like a polaroid picture.


If you have any questions about any of the products I used or how it did it, please let me know.

Have a good night!

Comments

Popular Posts