Sweet Cinnamon Rolls

I really love getting to spend time with my Granny. She always has wisdom and a cooking lesson ready. A few weeks ago, I spent a Saturday with her, cooking and playing cards. (It's kind of our thing) Well this time we cooked something I've never made before--cinnamon rolls! Yes, real, homemade cinnamon rolls, in all their sugary glory. I realize I'm not the first person to make these things, but it was MY first time, so I was very proud of the sweet, gooey results. 


Granny's Cinnamon Rolls:

two cups water
two pkgs. yeast
one yellow or cake mix 
five cups flour
Oil and eggs that cake mix calls for

Mix first five ingredients and then place dough in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, for an hour or so.

Filling:
two cubes softened butter
2 tabls. cinnamon
1/2 cup white sugar
(raisins & nuts optional)

Roll dough out on floured surface in to a rectangle. Brush softened butter over dough. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over dough. Roll up dough and pinch edge together to seal. 


Cut into 24 pieces. Arrange in greased baking pans and let rise again. Bake 15–20 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool and drizzle with frosting. 


Frosting:
one tabls. milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar

We poured the frosting on over the rolls soon after they came out of the oven. Then we ate them.




You're Welcome ;)

Comments

Popular Posts