Patience, grasshopper.

Patience

Why has this always been such a challenge for me? Really. I remember very well being so impatient about things as a child. You'd think I might learn from this, but sometimes (ironically enough) that just takes time. For me, I feel like my lack of patience is due to my pride and selfishness. I don't want to admit that God's way really is better than mine. I want to do it my way, in my time. Things always work better when I put my faith in God and his plan.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." -Romans 12:12

I am committed to becoming more patient: with my relationships, my fiancé, my job, and my future.


p.s.- I have not completely abandoned my affinity for a healthy lifestyle. It kind of took a back seat to Thanksgiving. And Christmas. Nonetheless, it is back in full swing. Today is Day 1 of a 20 day challenge that I made up. Hoorah, another way to practice patience! :)

Patiently and Lovingly,
Emily

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts